When the rubber meets the cobble

 Travel day almost the last stop. We are heading to Freiburg a town that sits at the southern aspect of the Black Forest close to France, Switzerland and German borders. Our train transfer is in Switzerland and during the transfer I noticed my bag was not pulling correctly.   I didn’t think too much about it thought maybe the just irregular floor granite.

Upon arrival in Freiburg the wheel refused to budge.  Of course this was the only station the escalator and lift were not working. 2 flights up and then one down to get out of the station. As we look at the wheel the tread was totally off one wheel and half off  one of the others.  Our hotel is only 1/2 a block from the train station.   I am grateful that this did not happen 3 weeks ago or even last year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel conundrum

Almost home