Cruising Along
Our excursion to the baths was wonderful. This was my first time and it was like several huge jacuzzis without jets. There were several pools all different temperatures and 2 large outdoor pools with fountains and jets. The out door pools were about 85 degrees and the air temperature was cooler so they felt warm. The indoor pools were all different temperatures but none hotter than about 100 degrees. It was a relaxing afternoon and I am looking forward to seeing baths in Baden Baden when we are there. We went to the szechenyi baths They are considered one of the best baths The baths are in an old baroque building with magnificent frescoes on the ceiling and walls. Truly a beautiful building and the outdoor pools were what one would imagine in Rome.
After our bath time we were then bussed up to meet the ship which left Budapest early so as to be through a lock on the river. With any group of people there are always a few that cause you to wish you weren’t part of the same group. We had several loud complaining passengers that were worried we were going to “miss” the welcome champagne toast because the bus was delayed. Just a sad tale that I won’t bore you with the details. Enough said we did make it back because the ship waited until our bus arrived. Lots of wasted words and negative energy
The baths sound great! Glad you made it through the lock in time, I assume you did! I knew the ship would wait for your bus! What floor are you on, on the boat? Do you have a balcony? Just wondering... Missing you! By the way, Ruby and I and Foxy are not going to Seattle in May, so we'll be able to make your dinner on May 24th, I believe.
ReplyDelete